Call us at 778 238 8803 (Tony) or 604 700 2423 (Sofia)
HOW TO INSTALL ARTIFICIAL GRASS
How To Install Artificial Grass
Step 1: Find the right artificial turf for your purpose.
Are you going to use it for decoration only? Or are you using it for sports? Determine your purpose. Furthermore, make sure that if there are and irrigation systems on your site you properly prepare it for the installation of artificial turf. Map out what you will do and how you will do it. If you plan to keep the existing irrigation system you may do so. It can also help with spreading infill towards the last step of installation.
Step 2: Assemble your materials and tools.
1) Artificial Turf (What you are installing)
2) Spade or Turf Cutter (To remove existing turf)
3) Wheel Barrow (To store old dirt and existing turf)
3) Utility Knife (To cut the artificial turf)
4) Infill (Zeolite works wonderfully to trap pet odours and keep turf in shape)
5) Seaming Tape (To bind the artificial turf from bottom side)
6) Drain Rocks
7) Optional additional adhesives to reinforce the seaming tape
8) 6-8 inch nails
9) Power Brush
Step 3: Prepare the space where you are installing the artificial grass.
1) Remove 3-4 inches of existing turf and dirt.
2) Place drain rocks and compact it
3) Place 1.5 inches of decomposed granite to the site
4) Hose down the site
5) Compact it once more.
6) Make sure the surface is relatively smooth. For better drainage make sure you grade the land.
Step 4: Lay down the turf and bind them.
1) Measure out your site.
2) Cut your artificial turf using your measurements. Make sure you have at least 4-5 inches of excess artificial turf to accommodate for mistakes
3) Lay your artificial turf to the site and begin spreading it. Make sure that they don’t overlap each other but be as close to each sheet as possible.
4) Make adjustments to your artificial turf so that it covers the boarder’s just right. Then ensure that the edges fit well between sheets.
5) Fold the points where your artificial turf sheets meet each other to allow room for seaming tape to be applied. Lay the seaming tape evenly between sheets. Once you determined the right spot unfold the turf and press it down on the seaming tape to bind individual sheets of artificial turf. (Optional; if you think that the seaming tape is not optimal you may further add stronger adhesives on top of the seaming tape for insurance)
6) Start nailing in the turf around the borders. There should be one nail per 8 inches.It is not recommended to have nails anywhere other than the edges of the artificial turf. The turf needs to have room to expand and contract. Therefore having nails only around the boarders is sufficient.
7) Apply the infill. Every square feet should have roughly 1-2 pounds of infill.
8) Using a power brush, spread the infill evenly and gently scrub the newly installed artificial grass until the infill is hardly visible.